Monday, January 16, 2012

Working With Fabrics

For those of you who read my blog on a regular basis, you know I have been working on organizing my studio section by section which has taken me several weeks to finish.  I think I am finally done with just about every large storage project I wanted to complete, I needed to start off the New Year knowing where just about everything could be found.  I still have a few small areas to tweak, those will happen as I work on a variety of projects throughout this year.  Moving things around did lead to organizing several areas of my home and outdoor studio as I went along.  To be honest I still have a few more closets to tackle throughout the rest of the house, I will get to those in the spring when I do the “Spring Cleaning”.


Since I am done with storage and organizing I am back to sewing again, mostly unfinished projects from last year.  My goal for this year is to finish all of my past projects no matter what stage I left them in.  I want to add a new project in between each of the old ones, this way I can make forward progress on the new and the old.  I started off the New Year with the completion of a fabric folio case which could be used to hold a small laptop computer, a tablet or file folders.  One done and so many more to finish.


Next I moved onto making some bedding for my granddaughter’s new dolly bed; the tufted mattress, pillow and sheets came out pretty cute.  I know she will have many hours of fun putting her dolls down for a nap; I can’t wait to see what she thinks.



I just started the process of cutting out zippered eye glass cases from some really darling fabrics.  I had a great time picking out those fabrics from my new fabric wall, which I recently organized for just that purpose, it was so much easier then it use to be.  I am very proud of myself for sticking with that project even though it was overwhelming, all the hard work paid off.  I can’t wait to start sewing up those eye glass cases in the next couple of days.


What’s new for 2012? For me, 2012 is all about fabrics and creating wonderful projects from them using a variety of methods and processes. In addition, I am looking forward to producing my first line of custom fabric designs and textiles to showcase my original patterns and products.  Also on tap this year are more tutorials, painting projects, interior design plans, room makeovers, crafts, restyling/upcycling clothing and so much more. I hope you will follow along with me this New Year as I bring you more colorful, creative ventures from my studio.  See you soon.
Laurette

If you enjoyed reading this post you might also enjoy:


Fabric Organization
Organization Bug
Gift Card Envelopes and Owls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...