Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Homespun Harbor a Fabric Heaven

Finally, a peak into my very favorite quilt shop, Homespun Harbor, a beautiful, colorful feast for the eyes with hundreds and hundreds of bolts of stunning fabrics.  There is so much to see and absorb it takes hours to really take it all in, unless you are a regular customer like I am.  I am very blessed to have this fantastic quilt shop right here in my own hometown, I can go shopping for new fabrics or just get inspiration for my projects anytime I want.  Instead of going on and on about it, I think I will let the pictures entice and inspire you instead of writing a long post praising all its wonders, you can see for yourself why I love it so much.

As you enter the shop you are greeted with a smile and a warm hello.  The shop is owned by husband and wife team, Dennis & Ghleanna.  Shown in the photo are Dennis and his little helper, his granddaughter.


On the right side of the doorway as you enter the store, you will see a bright, cheery selection of fabrics appropriate for making all the cute little quilts and projects you can think of for children.  This is only a very small view of the great selection, it would not all fit in the photo, you will have to go in to see it for yourself.


Just past that area are the reds, pinks and black and whites section.  Hanging above the red fabrics are some very cute projects you can make by taking a class or purchasing a pattern.


Speaking of patterns and books, there is a great selection of those to choose from.

The notions wall is really fantastic and has a pretty good variety of items any quilter or seamstress might need.  The town is a good 25 miles from any of the big box fabric stores, to far too just run down to the store for a forgotten item.  The notions wall is a huge lifesaver when you are trying to finish a project and run out of thread or need a new rotary cutting blade, happens to me all the time, thank goodness for those notions.



A peak down the long isles.




Lots of yummy fabrics all sorted into sections by color and fabric styles.

Elegant quilts and holiday fabrics for all those parties and decorating.


Last but not least, for all you quilters, the fat quarter wall.  So far it is one of the largest selections of fat quarters in a variety of colors and fabrics, I have had the pleasure to see, and with really great prices too!  It takes me forever to go through them each time I go into the store; it is always changing, what fun.

If you live in or around Hollister, CA you just have to take the time to go in and look around, be sure you allow enough time to get through the whole store, there is so much more to see.  If you don’t live in California you can go to their great website to check out their on-line store.  They also put out a wonderful newsletter and their class schedules with pictures of class projects, www.homespunharbor.com .

You will see many, many projects on my blog featuring their wonderful fabrics in future posts.  Thanks for taking a little tour of my favorite quilt shop; I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  Look for that bit of bling I keep promising you.  See you soon.

How to find them:
Homespun Harbor A Quilt Shop
341 Tres Pinos Rd. Ste. 101
Hollister, CA  95023
831-630-9438
Closed Sunday and Monday





                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...