Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Beginnings

In Hollister, California the Thanksgiving weekend marks the beginning of the holiday season.  We traditionally kick off the season with The Lights on Parade, held the first Saturday right after Thanksgiving.  There is always a wonderful lighted parade, pictures with Santa, cookies and cider with the shop owners and entertainment of all kinds.  This year the Hollister Downtown Association added some daytime events; a car show and a Holiday Boutique. It seems everyone in town showed up to do their Saturday shopping at the boutique and the downtown shops; the new event was a hit.

There were some fantastic vendors, at the boutique, to share all their creative wares, I met some wonderful new people and caught up with some cherished friends and neighbors.  I thought I would share a couple of the booths I shopped at and give you a peak into what the artists were selling.  I truly believe in supporting others who create for a living, so here they are, enjoy, maybe you will see just the right gift and do your shopping with these talented women.

Here is the booth for Artist Extraordinaire, Shannon Grissom; she is a fantastic painter, photographer, writer and TV show personality.  She is also a singer with a beautiful, soulful voice which brings tears to my eyes and peace to my spirit.  You will see all she does on her web sit at; www.shannongrissom.com.  I am privileged to own several of her paintings, which you can see hanging over the bed in my guest room makeover, on the Paisley Crazy posting.  I also purchased a copy of her Monkey Made of Sockies book for each of my nieces, nephews and granddaughters, and a couple for future grandchildren.  It is a sweet book just right to read to children of all ages.  I could go on for hours about this talented lady; I will stop for now, go to her website and check out all her wonderful products, just right for those special holiday gifts.


Next up was the Sassy Fashions & Accessories booth featuring lots of bling for you and your future little divas.  There were darling little shoes, tutus, jewelry and an assortment of other fun items to dress up your day, glitz and glam everywhere.  We really enjoyed our visit with the designer and can’t wait to shop with her again.  You can find out more by emailing her at sassyfashionz@yahoo.com. What a great place to shop for all the ladies in your life who might like a little glitz and glam of their own for Christmas.


We happened upon this next booth and found Lunar Accents, handcrafted jewelry designs which were out of this world.  The designers, Natalie and Susan are very talented artists who design and make all of their special jewelry pieces; they had a wide variety of earrings, bracelets and necklaces to choose from.  Of course, I had to buy a necklace for a very special person on my Christmas list, I know she will just love it and want more pieces for all her special occasions.  To contact Natalie & Susan you can e-mail them at lunaraccents@rocketmail.com.  Consider custom pieces of jewelry for that special someone on your Christmas list.

All of the women we met at the boutique were incredible artists each in their own right.  I only featured a few of the ladies we did our holiday shopping with, there were so many more artists and women with party plan based businesses, many of which you will find listed below.  Consider doing your holiday shopping and supporting all these women in business this holiday season.


I do have one more artist I want to share with you, her name is Jolene, and she is a graphic artist with her own graphic design business.  I purchased my holiday greeting cards from her this year to send out to all my family and friends, they are just adorable and I know everyone will enjoy getting them in the mail, what fun.  You can view her work at; www.ajewelddesign.blogspot.com.  She has a special going on until Dec. 1, 2011, so hurry and get in on the special pricing now.

Some of the other special women we met were:

Roseanne Talavera
Ty Looti Bows

Jessica Barnes
Switchblade SinDee’s
Custom Aprons

Diana Guzman
Sweet Envy
Handbags, apparel, jewelry and more

Debra Colmon
Cookie Lee Jewelry

Kimberly Kimber
Tastefully Simple

Woody Ledbetter
Miche Designer Handbags

The Holiday Boutique was hosted by: 
Hollister Downtown Association

Thanks for letting me share the beginning of our holiday season with you. 
Look for upcoming posts on decorating for the holidays and some fun projects you can do to give your home some special sparkle.  See you soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...