Friday, December 2, 2011

Sparkling Santa Tabletop

This year with a new home and a new furniture layout I could not figure out where to start my decorating, I tried a few things here and there but I just could not get into the swing of things.  I fussed around for hours and finally decided to start with my dinning room table, it is the largest piece of furniture in the room and the first thing you see, it would set the tone for the whole room and the other adjoining rooms.  I played with tablecloth colors, runners and center pieces until I landed on a cream, gold, burgundy and green theme for the table and the room.  Once that was decided things just few together as I dug out all my decorating goodies; here’s what I did.



I chose a very basic cream table cloth, a taupe and gold table runner, a really beautiful gold and cream standing Santa, which I collect each year and finally gold chargers with cream napkins and beaded napkin rings. This was my very basic color base which I would use to add the sparkle and bling.



Out came the greens, I could either use silk or fresh greens but chose silk to get a longer lasting centerpiece, but you could use either one and get a fantastic look.  I pulled out my box of bling to add to the greens and went to work adding dimension and sparkle.




I placed some tall crystal candlesticks with some oversize sparkly ornaments on top, and then put them on opposite ends of the Santa to create some symmetry and balance.  More ornaments in different sizes, shape and colors were tucked into the greens to give it extra shine and color variation.  It was still missing something so I pulled out my box of decorative pearls and added those, just the right amount of bling to pick up on the Santa and the tablecloth, more balance.

  
All done and looking very glamorous, I just love the way the dark room came alive, now I have my jumping off point for the rest of the room which should make finishing up my holiday decorating much easier. The tabletop will stay like this until Christmas Eve day which is when I will change it up to make it fun and kid friendly, for our family Christmas dinner, this one is just for show until then.


I can’t wait to start on all the other projects, look for those as the weeks get closer to Christmas, I will try to post them as I finish them, at least a picture or two per project.  Thanks for letting me share my Sparkling Santa Tabletop with you, back to more decorating.  See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...