Sunday, December 18, 2011

Felt Gift Card Holders

Every year my husband and I give our grown children Starbucks gift cards, so they can purchase their favorite coffee or teas and not have to pay for it themselves, just a special little treat from us.  We put them into their stockings wrapped in something different each year, this year I could not find what I was looking for in the stores, so frustrating.  I decided to create my own holders out of some of my felt scrap stash, I keep every little bit of leftover felt, you never know what you will need. 



These cute felt card holders are made from classic red and green felt, gold brads and gold cording for the ties.  A little pinking sheers here and some sewing there and I had some great envelopes to hold my gifts.  Simple but precious, I may still add some kind of embellishment, I just haven’t decide what it will be yet or I can leave them as is and they are ready to be put into the Christmas stockings by Santa on Christmas Eve.

My studio is still buzzing with more projects and things are getting out of hand, I think it is time to give the studio a good cleaning and figure out what’s left to do before Christmas.  I am sure many of you can relate to my dilemma of what to make next and whether or not we can get it all done in time, let’s hope we can.

Thanks for letting me share more of my holiday projects with you from my creative studio.  There are more decorating ideas waiting for me to share with you in my next post, be on the lookout for them.  See you soon.

If you enjoyed this post you might want to also read:

Christmas Stockings for Kids
A Quick Gift
Pumpkin Spice Cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...