Monday, September 10, 2012

Cabo Bucket Bag


Last Saturday I took the Cabo Bucket Purse making class, I have been waiting for this class since I took the Marissa Bag class on my birthday, part two of my gift from my husband, what a great guy I married.


Just before my class I went to The Nimble Thimble in Gilroy to purchase my class supplies and fabric.  It took a bit of time to figure out what I wanted to use for my purse fabric, with the help of the store owner, Dave and my husband, I settled on Rooftop Garden by Moda, two very pretty fabrics showcasing fall colors in several shades of green, orange, gold and plum. Afterwards I went home to do the pre-class prep of cutting out all my fabrics and fleece, a very long process.


My teacher, Sheila, was great about sharing all her little tips and tricks and had wonderful suggestions for making the purse go together as easy as possible. It was an all day project but absolutely worth every minute, my bag came out fantastic and we had a great time sewing and chatting the day away.  I was totally worn out when I was done but I would do it again, I plan to take a few more purse making classes in the very near future.


The bag is lined with a complimentary fabric with another contrasting fabric for the exterior pocket lining, the button and the interior pockets, there are eight with a contrasting trim.  The bucket bag is pulled into shape by a magnetic closure and held closed with an oversize button. I am very pleased with my new purse; I can not wait to start using it as soon as I break out my fall wardrobe.

Thanks for letting me share my new Cabo Bucket Bag; I had a great time making it along with the Marissa Bag I made last week.  Time to move on and share some of my other projects, I have quite a few to show you, watch for those in the next few days.
See you soon.

Laurette

You might also like:

Marissa’s Bag in Orange
Colorful Fabric Zip Bags (Feb. 2012)
Project Progress (May 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...