Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Quick Cork Board


OK, I promised you a quick and easy project so here it is.  I needed a cork board for our little kitchen desk to hold post-it-notes and appointment cards and could not find one the right size which did not cost a fortune, being the crafty lady I am I made one.  Here is what I did.

I purchased some 12 x 12 cork tiles at Staples and a nice brown/black 17”x14” frame with a glass front and a white mat inside, the frame was on clearance at Michael's. The inside of the frame was only 11” so I got out my x-acto knife and my cutting mat and carefully trimmed off the excess.  I was going to remove the glass but decided to leave it and attach the cork to the glass with heavy duty two side stick tape making it sit flush with the frame.  I had a choice to either add another piece of cork or leave it a bit short and decorate the top or use it as a dry erase board for little notes.  I chose some great word stickers to finish off my project, all done, super quick, very easy and half the price.

There were still three cork tiles left in the package so I chose to create a cork board for the laundry room by cutting and attaching the cork tiles to the inside of one of the cabinet door insets.  Using my x-acto knife and the double side stick tape made it another quick and easy project; I got two cork boards for the price of one all in a single sitting.

Thanks for letting me share my Quick Cork Board project with you today, I still have several other quick and easy projects to share with you along with lots of fun fall designs to warm up your home and curb appeal.
See you soon.

Laurette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...