Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Marissa's Bag in Orange


As part of my personal goal for 2012 I committed to brushing up on some of my skills by taking a few classes.  I managed to take several on-line courses, purchased several teaching DVD seminars, go to Groovy Girls sewing club and the monthly mystery block demonstration put on by my local quilt shop. The one thing I still had not done was to actually take a hands on sewing class, time was running out so I finally took one this August while on my break from blogging.  Back in the 70’s and 80’s I made a lot of purses and bags, I haven’t made any since then, using all the new products, so I decided to brush up my skills by taking a purse making class at a quilt shop, The Nimble Thimble in Gilroy, over in the next town, ours closed down this spring.  Our teacher was Sheila Galindo, she was the teacher at our old quilt shop, I was happy to find her and take this class from her; she is the queen of purse making and just the gal to help me brush up my skills.


The first thing I did was to go to my fabric wall and look for a couple of coordinating fabrics to make my bag out of.  It did not take long to find the two darling, bright orange and pink fabrics I wanted to use for my new purse. Once my fabric was picked out I did all the pre-class prep work of cutting out my fabrics, fleece and interfacings and went to class ready to sew.


We all had a great time chatting and sewing while Sheila guided us through all the steps, it was so much fun.  Each bag was totally cute and unique it its own way due to the different choices in fabric.  I can not wait to make another one very soon.

Thanks for letting me share my adventures in purse making, I am taking another class very soon, the next purse is larger and a bit more challenging, just my kind of class.  Let’s hope this purse comes out as nice as the last one. I still have some easy projects to share with you so keep watching for those.
See you soon.

Laurette

You might also like:

Project Progress - (May 2012)
Colorful Fabric Zip Bags - (Feb 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...