Sunday, July 15, 2012

Finishing The Blues


Thanks to my daughter we were able to complete one of our last projects for the shower next weekend, at least the ones she could help me with. Here are some photos of our newest creation.

We gathered together some of our bits and pieces did some brainstorming and went to work transforming some empty Starbucks Frappucino bottles into fun party drinking glasses. I love the shape of these bottles and have been collecting them for years using some of them to store pencils, paintbrushes, buttons and an odd assortment of embellishments, the rest of the bottles have been stored away waiting for a project.  We soaked off the labels in super hot water then ran them through the dishwasher to sterilize them, all ready to decorate.


We wrapped the clean bottles in foam wrap, tied some colored twine around the foam wrap and finished them off by threading the twine through some retro blue buttons from my collection, tying them off with a bow. Super darling with coordinating striped straws, placed on a Winnie The Pooh serving tray, how cute is that, recycling at its best!


We got our inspiration from one of my favorite creative magazines, Stitch/Craft Create; we saw their darling bottle makeovers on a number of pages and decided we could do something like that with my collection of bottles to fit our theme.  You just never know where your next idea is going to come from.

Thanks for letting me share these fun little drinking glasses with you; we had a great time making them.

Most of you will be reading this on Monday so guess what time it is???........
It is double post Monday!!! Instead of sending out two different postings I am going to put them both on one page for easy reading. This next project was a result of some project leftovers from the charm pins.

I really wanted to make myself a baby boy charm bracelet to wear to the baby shower; I am the grandmother after all.  We had plenty of silver charms leftover and one of each of the enamel charms, I had some silver jump rings and a double strand silver chain, just enough to make my bracelet. It has been a while since I did any jewelry making so it took me a bit to get the fingering just right but eventually I figured out how to get everything going in the same direction and I was off and running.

My bracelet came out just beautiful and looks really sharp against the blue background.  I am very happy with it and I can’t wait to wear it to the baby shower.

Thanks for letting me share all of my baby shower projects with you this past couple of weeks; it was a lot of fun seeing what we could make ourselves instead of just buying everything ready made.  I just have a few things to stitch up for the baby, I am hoping I can get to them before Saturday, keep good thoughts for me.
See you soon.

Laurette

You might also like:

Baby Boy Charm Pins
Blue & White Flower Pens
Note Pad Blues
All About Babies
Back To Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...