Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thinking Pink

Thinking Pink

Hello Ladies, its fall and that time of year again, October and Breast Cancer Awareness month.  You all know what it means; time to get the exam and mammogram.  I know, it isn’t fun and can sometimes be painful but it is so important especially if you have a family history of breast cancer.  If you haven’t had your exam and test yet and you are at risk please do so this month.

For those of you who are reading my posts you saw the mention of my Mother, what I didn’t tell you was she died of breast cancer in 1998 after a long hard ten year battle.
Ever since her passing I have been a champion for research into the cure for that cruel disease through fundraising and awareness.  I am no long able to be active in the larger campaign events but I still want to do my part so here I am with a quick reminder to get your regular checkups and testing before the month is out.

On a lighter note, please look for my next post on Monday; I think you will enjoy this one.  See you soon,

A little something hot pink and yellow from my garden.  Can't you just smell them.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...